Feb 23, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Does it work with VS2010 ?

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Edited Jan 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Well, does it work with VS2010?

Does anyone know?

Coordinator
Jan 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Yes, it does work. You must change version 9.0 to 10.0 in Addin file and put it in folder Visual Studio 2010\Addins.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16" standalone="no"?><Extensibility xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/AutomationExtensibility"> <HostApplication> <Name>Microsoft Visual Studio</Name> <Version>10.0</Version> </HostApplication> <Addin> <FriendlyName>SharpSort</FriendlyName> <Description>SharpSort.VSAddIn</Description> <Assembly>C:\Program Files\SharpSort\eVision.SharpSort.VSAddIn.dll</Assembly> <FullClassName>eVision.SharpSort.VSAddIn.Connect</FullClassName> <LoadBehavior>5</LoadBehavior> <CommandPreload>0</CommandPreload> <CommandLineSafe>0</CommandLineSafe> </Addin></Extensibility>

Jan 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Dear Iaxiomi --

Great, you are right, that does work.

Here are some installation notes.

As of 8:53 AM 1/25/2012, the following are listed in Visual Studio 2010 as locations on my machinein > Tools, > Options, > Environment, > Add-in/Macros Security, > Add-in File Paths,...

%ALLUSERSDOCUMENTS%\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\Addins\ <<< does not exist

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\Addins\ <<< does not exist

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft Visual Studio\Addins\ <<< does not exist

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\MSEnvShared\Addins\ <<< does not exist

%VSAPPDATA%\Addins\ <<< does not exist

%VSCOMMONAPPDATA%\Addins\ <<< does not exist

%VSMYDOCUMENTS%\Addins\ <<< does not exist

....so I created this...

C:\Users\kamoskim\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Addins

...and then I set that path in VS...

...and then I copied the Addin file...

...and then I edited as you note above....

...and it works like a charm...

...and note that from "Install.txt" it says this...

Program Files -> C:\Program Files\

....but I am running Windows 7, which also has "Program Files (x86)" so I guessed and used "Program Files" and it worked...

...so that is great....

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:09 PM

All --

FYI, here is one more interesting thing regarding the setup of SharpSort that I found.

I had trouble editing and saving changes to the XML files in the Layouts folder in the Program Files directory.

Such issues are detailed concerning Windows 7, as noted at the following link...

http://itexpertvoice.com/home/fixing-the-windows-7-read-only-folder-blues/

Even though I have a local-admin account that I can use to open and edit files, there is something about the Windows 7 policy that disallows saving such changes when I open the file in the Program Files folder directly.

As a workaround, I opened a copy of the layout file "NormalLayout.xml" in some other "safe" directory, such as "C:\Temp\" and then I made my changes and then I copied THAT file into the "C:\Program Files\SharpSort\Layouts\NormalLayout.xml" and that works (but it does prompt for credentials on the save).

Anyway, I just thought I would mention it, for the sake of sharing and documenting the matter.

HTH.

Thanks.

-- Mark Kamoski